The Komaza Fellowship Program
Komaza has a mission to lift dryland farmers out of poverty through the rapid scaling of our innovative Microforestry model. The Komaza Fellowship Program offers a unique opportunity to gain full access to what it is like working for our high-impact meets high-growth company, while applying your professional skills to make a difference.
All Komaza Fellows will join us onsite in our headquarters in Kilifi, Kenya for 6 months and will be matched one-on- one with a Department Director to gain a deep understanding of one core aspect of our business. This Director will act as your mentor and guide into the world of social ventures as you build systems, coordinate operations, and conduct in-depth research.
Note, this is a highly selective program - fewer than 3% of applicants are selected to participate.
A Day in the Life
As a Komaza Fellow, a typical day might include:
- Building a financial model from scratch to inform a strategic or operational decision
- Creating an SOP for our field team by shadowing a technical expert in the field
- Planning the logistics operations for a field based project
- Creating a template for documenting project scope, timeline, budget and deliverable… then being asked to make it half as long and twice as easy to use
- Using your Google superpowers to see what resources already exist for a solution to a challenge, then taking it, scraping most of it and building it better
The Fellowship provides
- Roundtrip airfare
- Accommodation in our group fellows house, in our beautiful beach town of Kilifi, Kenya
- Health insurance
- All the necessary work visas
- A stipend to cover additional living expenses
To Apply: Submit your CV and a one-page response to the following application questions:
- Explain why you are so passionate about the opportunity to work with Komaza in this role.
- Tell us about the most impressive project you self-started. Describe the process you used to launch and maintain it.
- Provide an example of a significant experience that illustrates your ability to adapt in an unfamiliar environment, highlighting the skills you used and perspectives you gained.
Note, while a confident desire to join the Komaza Team full time upon completion of the Fellowship is not required to apply, we use this program to actively search for high quality talent to recruit onto our team and will be keeping an eye out for the future leaders of the company.
Komaza is highly committed to building a diverse team. We believe one of our core strengths as an organization is bringing together teammates from a wide range of nationalities and professional experiences.